As a key member of the College Operational Management Team, you will be involved in forming and supporting our overall approach to people management and organisational development. This includes providing advice to employees, managers, members of the Senior and Operational Management Team and members of the Board of Management, managing the HRM and OD Team and supporting the Equality and Inclusion Lead and the Payroll and Management Information Team.
A full description of the role is available in the recruitment pack, details of which are available from our College recruitment portal https://gkc.pinpointhq.com. Applications for this post must be made via the portal by midnight on Friday 24 November 2023.
You will lead and manage core Human Resources Management (HRM) and Organisational Development (OD), including leading and developing the HRM and OD Team. Managing and developing processes and systems to deliver a high-quality service to staff which are aligned to the People and Culture Operational Plan and changing operational needs of the College.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
You should be educated to degree level (SCQF level 9) in a relevant discipline or have equivalent experience, hold a post graduate qualification in HRM (SCQF 10) and hold Full Chartered Membership of CIPD. Relevant experience, a track record of delivering service improvement and strong leadership skills are essential.
- Access to a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Hybrid working (dependent and the needs of the service).
- Annual Leave and Public Holidays – 45 days per annum.
- Continuous professional and personal development.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Mileage Allowance – reclaimable for travel on College Business.
- Employee Assistance Programme –– a 24-hour service that supports your health and wellbeing.
- Family Friendly and Flexible Working Policy – Flexible Working, Maternity, Parental, Paternity and Adoption Leave – enhanced entitlements.
- Sick Pay – Enhanced entitlement above the national average.