People Risk, Governance & Policy Manager
£80 - £100k DOE
Working for an international commercial bank, with a London branch consisting of a headcount of 850, and 22 in Human Resources.
Your new role
* Responsible for managing the subject-matter experts across the Department as follows: SMCR, Employee Relations & Performance, Recruitment, Learning & Development and Projects functions. This will include holding 1-2-1's with function leads and attending weekly Section Head meetings (with operations and HRBPs) to ensure a holistic approach is applied across all functions in the Department
* Responsible for establishing a centralised governance and risk control function in the Department to ensure all people processes are managed within legal and regulatory frameworks and that appropriate risk management and effective controls are in place. This will include ensuring that all HR related risk and governance tasks are undertaken and completed in a timely manner and developing a strong risk and governance culture across the Department and the Bank, for example. Regulatory returns, Risk Control Self Assessment processes, Operation Resilience, Data Protection and Diversity & Equality reporting. (This function could be considered as a 1.5 function aligned to the 3LOD model
* Fulfil A status signatory responsibilities in relation to HR functions including but not limited to: monthly payroll journals, monthly benefit invoices/journals, employment contracts etc.
* Support, manage and develop the SMCR function and ensure that all SMCR related policies, processes and procedures are up-to-date, clear and delivered across the business, so all staff understand their SMCR responsibilities, including supporting the Senior Management team in delivering all SMCR requirements.
* Support, manage and develop the Employee Relations functions ensuring all people policies are relevant, up to date, clear, applied in practice and provide a sounding board to the ER Manager in relation to employee relation matters and cases to support the right solution and outcome is determined after considering risks involved
* Support, manage and develop the Projects function ensuring all projects are meeting their objectives, within budget and to time.
* Partner with risk officers for driving identification and mitigation of significant operational breaks, identification of root cause, providing recommendations for future prevention; providing governance to ensure remediation and improvements.
* Work with all HR teams to help strengthen their control environment. Responsible for driving consistency in the application of taxonomy, alignment with regulations and policies, and accuracy of risk description, controls and monitoring.
* Supporting data quality and improvement initiatives facilitating credible data collection and integrity for service delivery within HR function. Promoting and maintaining investigating data integrity within all HR Systems and work with appropriate groups for required resolutions.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience and projects delivered on People Governance and Risk within an FCA/SMCR environment - this is essential
* Ability to lead HR teams, to train, coach and develop
* Evidence of commitment to and delivery of high quality customer services and continuous improvement
* A professional, commercial, and pragmatic approach to HR and governance/risk matters
What you'll get in return
* Central London City location - 2 days a week in the office
* Private medical
* Life assurance
* Private dental
* Voluntary days
* Holiday up to 30-35 days depending on tenure
* Free lunch every day in staff canteen
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.