Head of HR
£55,000 – £60,000 depending on experience
37.5 full time
QEF & ITS FAMILY OF CHARITIES
QEF is a Surrey based charity committed to providing life-transforming services that enable people with disabilities to increase their independence and achieve their goals in life.
We work with over 10,000 disabled children and adults every year with physical or learning disabilities or acquired brain injuries. Whether it’s gaining new skills to live independently, rehabilitation after a brain injury or stroke, or improving independence through increased mobility and accessible holidays; QEF helps disabled people to fulfil their potential in life.
QEF is structured into two main services – Mobility Services (who operate outreach services across the South East of England), Care and Rehabilitation Centre located within our Leatherhead in Surrey campus. These are augmented by QEF Retail Trading (15 retail charity shops) and a family of smaller charities – MERU which provides innovative product solutions for Children and The Grange in Kent a residential care home for adults with a learning disability.
QEF’s support services are based at Leatherhead Court. These comprise Accounting and Finance, Facilities, Human Resources, IT and Procurement. They work together to focus on making QEF and its family of charities work as efficiently and smoothly as possible given its multi-site structure.
The Head of HR is a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) with responsibility for regular reporting to the SMT and the Board on people related matters and strategy. Working closely with SMT colleagues to deliver QEF’s group strategy and taking overall responsibility for developing the people plan to implement the QEF strategy and the related targets in the annual business & service operational plans.
To provide leadership on the management of all employees, workers, and volunteers, in accordance with QEF values. To develop and manage the HR function on a day-to-day basis to deliver an effective service to QEF across all aspects of human resources, learning and development and volunteer management enhancing the employee experience to enhance QEF’s organizational culture and performance.
To provide senior management oversight of other areas, as required, currently the following functional leads: Health & Safety Consultant
Areas of Responsibility:
Health & Safety
BEING PART OF QEF MEANS
- Actively participating in learning, development and feedback opportunities and cycles as required by QEF’s policies and procedures.
- Acting in accordance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements as may apply from time to time.
- Supporting and encouraging the involvement of volunteers.
- Promoting QEF’s Equal Opportunities policy and avoiding any behaviour that either directly or indirectly discriminates against others on the grounds of any protected characteristic.
- Taking Health and Safety duties seriously to ensure your safety and that of your colleagues and our residents and clients.
- Being an active team player and attending team meetings and briefings to which you are invited. QEF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- All staff and volunteers must be responsible and accountable for their safeguarding practice and proactive in identifying and reporting safeguarding concerns.
- Being an ambassador of QEF’s Values and Behaviours in your approach to your role and to our staff, clients, and residents.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing with service
- Flexible working
- Pension (higher employer contribution)
- Life Assurance (4 times the annual salary)
- Westfield Healthcare
- Cash back scheme and shopping discounts (free to employees)
- Free on-site parking
To apply please visit our website via the link and apply online
Closing date: Sunday November 26, 2023
DISABILITY CONFIDENT EMPLOYER
- QEF is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
- We guarantee to interview all applicants who meet the criteria for a vacancy and to consider each applicant on their ability to do the job
- Please contact HR if you require any reasonable adjustment(s) for the application process or interview stage