Organisational Development Business Partner
Are you an organisational and learning and development professional, eager to drive change, make meaningful impact and build an inspirational place to work?
At Accent we are on an incredible transformation journey, and the People Team play an integral part in enabling the organisation to achieve its strategic aims.
It’s an exciting time. We have a new people strategy and are driving organisational growth through investing in the development of our people.
We are seeking a dynamic organisational development business partner to join our team. This role will play a vital part in shaping and driving our culture and overall success, making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are Accent Housing Ltd we own almost 20,400 houses across the North, East and South of the country and they are homes to over 41,000 of our customers.
We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older, or more vulnerable – our customers always come first.
Accent residents, customers, and colleagues come from a diverse range of backgrounds, which we embrace and celebrate.
About the role
This is a diverse role, initially focused on shaping and elevating our learning and development strategy. You will be at the forefront of designing, developing, delivering, and measuring learning interventions and programmes that foster the continuous development of our employees, ensuring they have the skills they need to excel in their roles and contribute to Accent’s success. You will also have input into a review of our systems, drawing on your knowledge of current best practice and wider industry trends.
However, excitingly, this role is so much more:
- You will support on all aspects of the employee lifecycle, stimulate a people-centred approach to change, and lead on interventions to support the development of an engaged, inclusive and inspirational culture.
- You will be shape all aspects of talent management including talent identification, development and retention and succession planning – as well as supporting building future talent pipelines (including apprenticeships).
- You will act as an internal consultant to advise senior leadership teams on team engagement.
- You will work closely and collaborate with our HR Business Partners to assess, and address needs to support business strategies.
Central to role will be enabling high performance in service of our diverse customers.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment, is inspired by our wider social purpose, and is enthusiastic about collaborating on a range of people team projects.
You will have excellent communication, relationship-building and influencing skills, and can collaborate seamlessly with multiple stakeholders at all levels.
You will be meticulously organised, with the ability to be agile and handle changing priorities.
You will have exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate through complex situations with tact and diplomacy. You have the ability to turn challenges into opportunities.
A motivated professional with strong initiative, we are looking for someone who is aligned to our values and who is able to earn the trust of colleagues in the delivery of outstanding learning provisions.
You will have excellent IT skills with the ability to collate, analyse and make data driven recommendations.
You will have experience and qualifications in the design, delivery and measurement of learning interventions, coaching or mentoring in a professional context.
Join us and make an incredible difference to people’s lives.
The successful candidate will be required to live within a commutable distance to our Head Office in Shipley or Peterborough but travel will be required across all our regions.
You should expect to be in one of our offices 3 days a week, and work from home 2 days a week.
We’ll provide you with the equipment and software that you’ll need for the purpose of your role however it will be your responsibility to have an appropriate space to work from as well as a suitable broadband connection/provider.
The salary for the role is circa £50,000 per annum.
What will you get from us?
In addition to a competitive salary and agile working, we also have a focus on employees’ development. We support both professional and personal development, ensuring everyone has a development plan and provide access to a wide range of internal and external learning resources.
You’ll also receive:
- 28 days paid holiday (pro-rata excluding bank holidays) per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week.
- Access to “Hapi” benefits app with multiple discounts.
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion).
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, each offering life assurance cover.
- Auto enrolment – employer and employee contribution 4%
- Pension scheme – employer contribution 16.4%, employee contribution 7.5%
First Interviews: W/C December 4th 2023
Final interviews: W/C December 11th 2023
We encourage pre-screening discussions with the hiring manager. If you would like to discuss the role please email your request to Careers@AccentGroup.org, we will arrange it asap.
If you require reasonable adjustments to any part of our recruitment process, please let us know we will ensure requirements are met.
Please don’t delay in submitting your application. Where roles are urgent or we receive a high volume of applications, we may interview and conclude the process prior to any closing date indicated.
Please note candidates must have current eligibility to live and work in the UK, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.