Executive Director of Change and Innovation
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils
Salary: £162,096 - £214,119
This isn’t just a job.
This is the future of half a million people.
This is a team of 3,000, ready to do things differently.
This is a chance to change the game in public service delivery.
This a job like no other.
Seven years ago, Richmond and Wandsworth Councils came together to do something quite unique – a single workforce serving two boroughs and delivering services for over half a million residents; a whole slice of London and the range of challenges and opportunity the capital has to offer.
Working across inner and outer London, with two political administrations and two sovereign identities, but an entirely integrated workforce, there's no one else like us, and there’s no other role like this.
This is the biggest change leadership role in London local government, with the chance to lead a large-scale programme that directly impacts the lives of over half a million people. We serve two very different parts of London, with distinct communities and unique demographics, each with its own set of challenges, but both vibrant in culture, diverse in needs and abundant in opportunity.
As Executive Director of Change and Innovation, you’ll lead our change agenda and be instrumental to our success. Your portfolio will span Organisational Development and Human Resources, Digital Transformation, Insight and Analytics, IT and Customer Experience, as well as the Change Programme team. The broad framework for Richmond and Wandsworth’s change programme has been agreed and significant resources have been allocated to take this forward, but working with elected members, you will have significant scope to determine how the programme develops and be involved in the appointment of other senior positions fundamental to its delivery.
With increasing demand, financial pressures and ambitious political priorities to deliver, we are clear that our high performing councils will need to move to another level to keep delivering for our residents and that the only way to do more with less is through fundamental changes in how we work. Through our people, technology and innovation we need to redefine our services: modernise, streamline and progress at a pace. This is a unique opportunity to think bigger and lead by example– not only by breaking barriers and spearheading change but by shaping our vision and developing a culture that embraces difference, champions creativity and nurtures innovation; putting people at the centre of everything you do.
- Spearhead corporate strategic change and service redesign initiatives.
- Lead significant values-led organisational development projects to make Richmond and Wandsworth Councils a great employer and secure the workforce we need to serve our residents
- Drive innovation in digital and customer experience strategies.
- Champion diversity, equality, and inclusion across all functional areas.
- A strategic thinker with proven leadership capabilities and a track record of delivery.
- Experienced in major organisational transformation programmes
- Committed to advancing equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Resilient and self-reliant, ready to meet the demands of a fast-paced environment.
- Excited about delivering change to improve the lives of residents of Richmond and Wandsworth
This is not just another job; it’s a career-defining opportunity.
Find out more https://recruitment.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/change-and-innovation/
Or to speak to our consultants:
Tom McElroy Williams – 07895300517 - Tom.McElroyWilliams@penna.com
Dawar Hashmi – 07513706265 – Dawar.Hashmi@penna.com
Julie Towers – 07764791736 – Julie.Towers@penna.com
Closing Date: 10th December 2023.
To apply please click here - https://execroles.penna.com/apply/cb9027e9-759e-483f-9bb1-8aaa9df73e65