Your new company
Large leading international and professional organisation which has a strong heritage, growing and awarding winning.
Your new role
The Reward Advisor will work closely with the Reward Lead to deliver the day to day provision of reward advice to HR colleagues and supporting on annual reward cyclical activity for the Firm.
* Complete data analysis on annual reward cyclical activity, ensuring it is accurate and fit for purpose.
* Lead on the annual benefits renewal activity, working with providers and brokers to complete renewals as required.
* Under the guidance of the Reward Lead, work with external brokers and consultants, asking for advice where needed.
* Be the ‘go to' person for reward queries from the HR team and other colleagues; provide considered and sound advice in a timely fashion.
* Proactively manage the annual reward calendar.
* Complete ad hoc reward project activity as and when required, including data gathering and analysis.
* Support in the review and update reward policies, procedures and processes as necessary, and publish / communicate any changes to the wider Firm.
* Complete analysis on legislative reward reporting accurately, working alongside the HR Data and Systems team.
* Keep informed of legal and market practices in respect to reward.
What you'll need to succeed
* Proven experience in a Reward or Benefits role.
* Sound UK employment law and technical legal knowledge of pay, benefits and pensions.
* Client focused approach; able to interact confidently with the HR team and other key stakeholders in order to deliver results.
* Highly motivated to provide excellent advice and deliver results.
* Highly numerate with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
* High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills; ability to scrutinise data and ensure accuracy at all times.
* Capable of handling complex and difficult situations with thought, confidence and attention to detail.
* Strong collaborator, problem solver and communicator.
* Able to listen to and manage internal customer requirements.
* Excellent written and communication skills.
* Highly organised and able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
* Curious mindset; ability to challenge the status quo and propose and implement solutions
* Experience of engaging with and managing external suppliers
* Experience of international/expat reward
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. Can b worked remotely, hybrid or onsite
Competitive day rate
Friendly and supportive team environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.