Your new company
My exclusive client is an established manufacturing business who design, manufacture and distribute their specialist products to companies around the world.
Your new role
This is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) to join their Southampton team, and you will report to a supportive HR Director, working alongside a settled team of 4 including an HR Advisor, an HR Business Partner and an HR Administrator. This temporary position is part of an exciting period of change for the business as they seek to improve efficiency and confirm their reputation as a market leader.
This hands-on role will support the recruitment of between 40-65 new hires at their Southampton site following a decision to centralise their core business. These positions will be primarily a selection of engineering and manufacturing roles working on specialist products and components designed and manufactured in the UK.
* Oversee the recruitment activity against the plan agreed for each function
* Work with managers to finalise job specifications against the approved additional headcount
* Run selection processes to select the right candidate for the role against the defined job spec
* Liaise with our preferred recruitment partners to source candidates and CVs against the vacancy list
* Seek alternative solutions for vacancies that prove difficult to fill
* Schedule interviews with hiring managers, including diary management
* Follow up with interviewers and manage feedback to candidates and recruiters
* Review our internal recruitment process to support the adoption of a new recruitment process introduced by our parent company
Working hours: 37.5 / week, Monday-Friday (plus 1 hour lunch). This role offers hybrid working of 3 days office (Southampton) / 2 days WFH per week on average, with flexibility on start / finish times to suit too.
What you'll need to succeed
This opportunity will suit a highly organised, personable individual who would like to join a dynamic organisation in a busy manufacturing environment on a 12-month FTC. You must have the drive and initiative to work well independently, but with the support of a small but experienced HR team as required.
You must have previous experience as an Internal Recruiter or Talent Acquisition professional who has worked with databases / a HRIS (Workday preferred). Knowledge of using MS Word and MS Excel is also essential. A background of working in engineering / manufacturing and the recruitment of such roles at different levels is preferred, but other industries may be considered.
What you'll get in return
This is a great temporary opportunity to collaborate and support hiring managers to recruit during an exciting period of change for the company.
A market-leading salary between £35,000-£40,000 (DOE), 25 days holiday +BH's, option to buy / sell holiday, pension matched to 6% (you can put in more), £100 / year towards eye tests / glasses, life assurance, cycle to work scheme, EAP for you and your family, free onsite parking and flexible / hybrid working as above.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me today on 07834 975318.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new HR or Recruitment position at any level locally, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.