As a member of the Bolton at Home’s Group Leadership Team, the Group Director is Responsible for setting and delivering the People strategy working alongside the Group CEO and Group Leadership Team to ensure the People Strategy is aligned with the overall business objectives and sets Bolton at Home up for success and as an employer of choice.
What are we looking for:
• A strong communicator and influencer who can build relationships with key senior stakeholders and to test and challenge in an appropriate manner.
• A strategic thinker with a growth and ambitious mind-set. • Experience of design, delivery and embedding of complex people-related change processes.
• Strong people skills and a collaborative approach to leadership.
• A commercial and pragmatic approach to delivering solutions in response to business needs.
• Commitment to develop an understanding of the business and the sector to support the delivery of strategic aims. • Committed to continuous learning and professional development of self and others.
• Great people skills and a high EQ, self-reliant and resilient. • The drive to deliver results that have people and business impact as well as agility to change track/ direction.
• Evidence driven, with strong strategic and analytical skills and the ability to also use best judgement to make decisions at pace and measure impact. Group Director of People Key areas of responsibility:
• Provide leadership, management, and direction on all people areas. • Fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture within the People Team. Develop as well as mentor the team, promoting professional growth as well as focusing on succession planning.
Key areas of responsibility:
• HR Operations: Oversee and ensure the efficient and effective delivery of HR operational activities, including payroll, benefits administration, employee data management, compliance, policies, and procedures so ensuring Bolton at Home meets its statutory obligations as an employer.
• Culture: Play a leading role in the shaping, embedding and continuous development of the culture at Bolton at Home, so staff can bring their best selves to work.
Talent Acquisition: Develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment strategy to attract, select, and onboard top talent for the organisation. Inclusive of working with the organisation on workforce planning.
• Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI): Shape and lead the EDI strategy, devising a and delivering a detailed action plan. • Learning and Development (L&D): Identify training and development needs across the organisation. Design and implement L&D programs that foster employee growth, skill development, and drive engagement. Ongoing evaluation of effectiveness and ROI assessment.
• Business Partnering: Act as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to the Group CEO and Group Leadership Team, providing guidance and support on people-related matters as well as develop and implement effective people management strategies.
• Employee Engagement and Retention: Design and implement initiatives to enhance employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention. Developing employee recognition programs and promoting a positive and inclusive work culture. • Employee Relations: Lead for Employee and Industrial Relations as well as the Trade Union Consultation Framework and negotiation processes to bring effective change and resolutions, and act as the Management Joint Secretary for the organisation.
• Performance Management: Establish and monitor an appropriate performance management Framework (in collaboration with the Group Leadership Team), promoting a culture of continuous improvement and strong performance.
• HR Analytics: Utilises HR data and analytics to drive insights and support evidence-driven decision-making. Develops and tracks key HR metrics and reports to measure the effectiveness of HR programs and initiatives.
• Stakeholder Management: Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as peers within the Group Leadership Team, the Board, managers, employees, Trade Unions, and other partners. Reporting and working with the Board on the overall health of Bolton at Home’s People Strategy.
• Budget Management: Manages the People function budget, ensuring optimal utilisation of resources and cost-effective HR solutions.
If you are interested, please visit our jobs page www.boltonathome.org.uk/jobs and click ‘Apply online’ with a CV and covering letter.
Interviews are scheduled to take place starting week commencing 8th January 2024