Term Time Only (41 weeks per year)
Full or Part Time, Flexible (26-36 hours per week)
£35,859 - £38,724
Are you seeking a flexible HR opportunity in the local Guildford area?
Would you like to join our clients growing central HR team and have a positive impact on their employees?
Our client has a new and exciting opportunity for an HR Adviser to join their growing central HR team. Under the direction of the Head of HR, you will provide professional advice and guidance to their senior leaders and staff on all employee relations matters ensuring compliance with employment legislation and the organisations policies and procedures.
You will also support the organisations policy development and undertake ad hoc HR projects. You will bring sound generalist HR experience and will have experience of advising senior leaders, undertaking case management, interpreting and applying guidelines and defining best practice.
Previous experience in a HR Generalist role is essential and your ability to manage competing deadlines, your attention to detail, your problem solving, interpersonal and influencing skills along with the ability to create and sustain strong, credible and effective working relationships will be of far more importance.
Applications will be considered for full-time or part-time working. The successful candidate will be required to work at least 26 hours per week over a minimum of 4 days over 41 weeks per year (term time plus 2 additional non- term time weeks). You will need to have the flexibility to occasionally adjust your working pattern according to the HR needs of the organisation.
* Be CIPD qualified to Level 3 (or have equivalent experience) with up-to-date working knowledge of current employment law and HR best practice.
* Have a good level of operational HR and employment legislation knowledge including previous experience of undertaking HR casework, demonstrating knowledge and experience of employee relations processes.
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, exercising tact, diplomacy, sensitivity and confidentiality where appropriate.
* Be keen to continuously develop your knowledge and skills in a range of HR activities
* Be able to prioritise and manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, with a willingness to support others in the team.
* Be confident working independently and autonomously.
* Annual leave entitlement of 28 days plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
* Family friendly employer - working within a team which understands that operational needs can be balanced with family responsibilities
* Employee assistance programme - free and confidential third-party telephone counselling service available 24 hours a day
* Pension scheme - Local Government Defined Benefits Pension Scheme where the employer's contribution is over 18% of base salary
* Employee benefits scheme - high street discounts, discounted membership at local gyms and car leasing scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.