SShooting Star Children's Hospices is a leading children's hospice charity caring for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families, across west London and Surrey. In fact, the Care Quality Commission have rated our hospice in Guildford Outstanding. It's an exciting time to be joining us, we have a new ambitious mission and strategy launched this year. To help us reach our goal to help more children and families, we have a unique opportunity for an exceptional Learning and Development and Employee Wellbeing Manager with a passion for influencing change, to help deliver a stepchange for the charity.
We are looking for a Learning and Development and Employee Wellbeing Manager who will have solid experience in the L&D environment but that also have wider skills and experience in wellness, culture, employee experience or engagement. This is not a generic off the shelf L&D role and as such we need someone who can build, shape and bring innovative ideas to the table. Someone that is both passionate about these areas but that can bring this passion to life and make it successful.
* Build training, development and organisational development goals to ensure employees and managers are equipped with the skills and experiences needed to contribute to organisation success and improve employee engagement
* Assess and identify training and development needs and work with vendors to deliver training and development programs across the organisation
* Implement and manage a progressive management development program that will provide continuous growth for managers from the new to the more experienced
* Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to surface insights and areas of focus to provide talent-driven learning and development solutions that develop capabilities to fill existing skills and performance gaps
* Measure, evaluate and track key training and development programs to understand effectiveness and impact against success metrics to continuously improve outcomes
* Responsible for the employee wellness agenda, developing strategy, implementing governance / process, and evolving an appropriate program to improve employee's wellbeing experience.