Reporting to: Director of People & Culture this is a newly created role working as part of a small team providing HR support to around 600 staff who work across 8 schools collectively.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Continually improving the employee experience, making the Trust an attractive and great place to work.
* Support the management of sickness absences including analysing patterns of absence and monitoring trigger points, arranging absence concern meetings with the appropriate line manager and organisation of occupational health referrals.
* Lead on casework, restructures and employee relations and support on behalf of the Trust, liaising with legal advisors and trade unions as appropriate.
* Engage with staff and trade union/professional associations to ensure that the Trust responsibilities for consultation are met.
* Ensure that all relevant policies and procedures are in place and up-to-date to meet organisation objectives and are in line with current employment law, national and local agreements, and conditions of employment.
* Manage all Trust HR documentation (including staff contracts, policies and procedures and forms etc.) ensuring that they are regularly reviewed, updated and compliant with employment and education legislation.
* Manage staff resignations, exit interviews and reference requests from current or previous staff to ensure that all necessary policy and procedure is followed.
* Communicate regularly with the wider central team to exchange information and provide ongoing support and problem resolution.
* Delivering people/technology-led projects that reflect our culture and set our people up to successfully deliver outstanding outcomes for our children.
* Sourcing and developing a workforce that is highly skilled, motivated and can deliver on our ambitious goals.
* Analysing people data held at both Trust and School level to proactively seek out risks, identify weaknesses and build on strengths and opportunities.
* Support to deliver the Trust's People Strategy and its underpinning plan including:
* Attract, develop and motivate talented people to achieve our goals. This includes leading the development of the Trust's employer brand, engaging inductions and onboarding experiences, and retention of current and future employees.
* Supporting and coaching Headteachers and their leadership teams across the Trust on People focused policies and procedures.
* Recommending improvements to support a culture that recognises and celebrates success.
* Identifying wellbeing offerings that are aligned to supporting the Trust workforce.
* Deploying and analysing pulse surveys followed by the facilitation of sessions with the school SLTs to formulate action plans that improve results.
* Ensure that all job descriptions and person specifications are reviewed annually and updated as required to ensure that they are appropriate, accurate and up-to-date.
* Ensure that HR record keeping, including the Single Central Record, is accurate and compliant across the Trust
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.