Your new company
My client is a large manufacturing business and an employer of choice in the Dorset area, boasting a loyal customer base throughout the UK and internationally.
Your new role
Reporting to the HR Director, this role is a 9-12 month FTC to cover a period of maternity leave, taking responsibility for ER & Business Partnering, HR Shared Services and Reward. This position will manage 4 x direct reports and 6 x indirect reports.
Key responsibilities include:
* Deliver a variety of HR projects to support the business plan objectives.
* Lead the Company's approach to managerial support, being the expert in employee relations matters.
* Manage the HR transactional services function, developing processes and adopting digital transformation where possible.
* Maintain HR policies and scan the external environment to ensure the Company remains up to date in respect of changes to social expectations and legislative requirements.
* Manage the Company's Reward programme including; pay, pension schemes, health schemes, life assurances, EAP provision and annual leave.
* Track and produce dashboards for key HR metrics.
* Manage the Company's method of measuring employee engagement and local action plan compliance.
* Support the Company's effort to maintain its informing and consultation requirements.
* In tandem with colleagues, seek to develop self-service opportunities within the HR and Payroll systems.
Working hours: 40 / week, 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. This role requires a regular presence in the Poole office, but can also offer WFH 1-2 days / week.
What you\'ll need to succeed
This opportunity will suit an adaptable, empathetic person who has a strong knowledge of ER case work, current employment law and who has managed a HR / People team. You will ideally have a background in manufacturing, engineering or retail, but other sector experience will be considered.
Given that this is a 9-12 month FTC to cover maternity leave, you must be available on short notice (within 4 weeks).
What you\'ll get in return
This is a great opportunity to join a leading brand and an employer of choice in the local area.
You will be offered a salary between £75,000-£90,000 pro rata\'d (FTE), 22 days holiday +BH\'s (to start increasing with service), 3% employee vs 6% employer pension, private medical / dental insurance (including baby bonus and Digital GP after 2 years\' service), free onsite parking, Christmas Savings Club, employee discounts with many 3rd party businesses, life assurance (x4 salary), company sick pay beyond probation, Death in Service Scheme, EAP and support from trained Mental Health First Aiders.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me today on 07834 975318.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new HR or Recruitment position at any level locally, please contact me for a confidential discussion about your career.