Your new company
We\'ve partnered with a leading public university in London to support with the appointment of an HR Advisor. This is an exciting opportunity for an HR professional to join this organisation as part of the HR Business Partnering team, during a unique period of change and transformation.
The role is full time, permanent, working 3 days based onsite from their London offices.
Your new role
Working alongside the HR Business Partners, this role is to foster a positive culture of employee relations by maintaining proactive engagement with HR peers, managers, leaders, recognised Trade Unions, and employees. This is crucial for the smooth functioning of the organisation. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Deliver a customer-centric, risk-oriented, proficient, and professional HR advisory service to managers and employees, coordinating with the appropriate HR Business Partner and Trade Union representatives when necessary.
* Collaborate with managers to actively manage case work at both informal and formal stages, escalating complex cases and significant risks to the Employee Relations Manager and/or the relevant HR Business Partner.
* Partner with managers, Occupational Health, and HR Business Partners to actively manage cases of sickness absence and overall sickness absence levels, escalating complex cases and significant risks to the Employee Relations Manager and/or the relevant HR Business Partner.
* Establish and sustain productive working relationships within assigned areas, providing advice on a variety of employee relations issues and the implementation of the university\'s procedures, relevant employment legislation, and best practice initiatives.
* Assist the HR Business Partners in workforce planning, organisational effectiveness reviews, and employee engagement initiatives, supplying reports and data analysis as needed.
What you\'ll need to succeed
* Experience of managing a portfolio of HR cases, which includes conducting discipline and grievance investigations, hearings, and appeals, as well as overseeing attendance and performance management processes to their completion.
* Proven track record of offering high-quality advice and guidance to managers, leveraging employment legislation, case law, and best practices to make sound decisions tailored to the specific situation.
* Demonstrated experience in supporting change management initiatives from an HR standpoint, guiding managers on the application of HR procedures and overseeing consultation processes.
* Comprehensive understanding of the development and implementation of HR policies within a complex workforce, their role in reinforcing organisational culture and behaviour, and methods to monitor their effectiveness.
* Proficiency in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, providing exceptional customer service, and collaborating to assess risk and devise solutions.
What you\'ll get in return
Alongside a generous remuneration and pension scheme package, you will receive:
* Flexible working options
* Season ticket loans
* Professional development opportunities
* Generous annual leave
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.