An exciting opportunity to join a community-focused, public-sector organisation who are currently seeking a HR Business Partner, (maternity cover), to join their busy department.
Welcoming team in a pleasant, stimulating work environment.
Your New Role
Within your new role as HR Business Partner, you will be responsible for the provision of all aspects of generalist HR support and advice to line managers, team leaders and colleagues in line with the business\'s policies and procedures, and in support of overall HR and business strategy.
As HR Business Partner, you will provide guidance and professional advice covering the full remit of HR activities, interact with line managers across your business area of responsibility daily, and also support and manage the HR Advisor.
To be a success, it is essential you have highly developed advisory and influencing skills and the ability to operate in a business partnering manner.
Main responsibilities include:
* Coach, support, mentor and challenge managers in the application of HR policies and practices; providing advice and guidance on complex HR issues.
* Support and advise managers in all aspects of employee relations, including discipline, grievance, and performance and absence management in line with policies and procedures.
* Proactively review HR policies and practices.
* Provide advice and guidance in recruitment and selection processes to support recruiting managers.
* Support and develop proactive 'partnerships' with recognised trade unions.
* Support the promotion of continuous improvement across the business and ensure that change management is effectively planned and delivered.
* Line management - HR Advisor.
What You Will Need
* Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to present / challenge information and to operate in a business partnering manner.
* Substantial experience in all aspects of employee relations - including discipline, grievance, absence and performance management.
* Experience reporting to/working with Senior Management, Boards or Committees and Unions.
* Proven ability to apply a broad range of HR knowledge, skills and experience to address a variety of HR matters arising.
* Ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues and internal and external customers.
* Competitive Salary
* 24 Days Holiday plus BH
* Pension Contribution (4 ½ - 6% employer contribution)
* Flexible/Hybrid Working
* Free Parking
* Plus Others.
If you\'re interested in this role, please click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call us directly. If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are interested in looking at an alternative position, please contact us for a confidential discussion regarding other options.