We have an exciting opportunity for a strategic leader to take forward our vision for education, learning and organisational development (OD) in UHDB, as a forward thinking University Teaching Hospital with an excellent reputation.
- Can you demonstrate extensive senior experience and specialist knowledge of leading and managing multi-functional education and learning team, in a large complex organisation
- Are you someone who can build excellent working relationships internally and with a wide range of partners and stakeholders and work in a collaborative way?
- Can you develop and implement strategic programmes and plans, including interpreting national education/workforce policy into implementation plans at Trust level?
- Can you bring expertise in lead the development of innovative approaches to learning across all portfolio areas, including blended learning, digital options, and simulated learning to maximize the accessibility, effectiveness and efficiency of provision
Closing Date: 18th February 2024
Interview: 12th March 2024
Main duties of the job
We're looking for someone who lives our values of openness and excellence and is a compassionate and inclusive leader. You'll need to be educated to masters level (or equivalent experience) in learning and education, training or OD and hold a coaching, mentoring or teaching qualification. We need someone who has led education and learning in large complex organisations - it doesn’t matter if you don’t have NHS or public sector experience (but its great if you do).
You will lead the implementation of our Education strategy into strategic plans that deliver objectives for the short, medium and long term. To do this you will work closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders including partnerships with academia and other education providers. The role will lead on ensuring education for our staff and future colleagues is of the highest quality, with all learners and students receiving an optimum learning experience. You will also oversee and manage a range of significant education budgets and maximize funding opportunities. You will manage a large team who are all passionate about education, learning and development and providing the best environment for colleagues and developing our learning culture.
It’s a big role with a wide remit, and one that will offer an exciting opportunity for the right person to build on excellent foundations to take our education, learning and OD forward. Is this the role for you?
Working for your organisation
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England – an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A&Es across our network every day – 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
This role will work across two integrated care systems (ICSs), Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent ICS and Joined Up Care Derbyshire ICS, working collaboratively with partners to identify opportunities for strategic education, learning and OD interventions and approaches. This role will take a proactive approach to the further development of partnerships with academia and other education providers, and also take a lead role in all relevant quality and regulatory inspections, working to achieve the best possible outcome aligned to relevant standards and driving a continuous improvement approach.
You will oversee and manage a range of significant education budgets, be the lead contact for funding opportunities, including the submission of relevant bids. You will manage a large team who are all passionate about education, learning and development and providing the best environment for colleagues and developing our learning culture.