We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant HR Business Partner to join our Health in Justice HR team, acting as the first point of contact for all employee relations matters for our line managers. This role will support our healthcare services in the North West, Yorkshire and Midlands and will be predominantly home based with regular travel to our services across these regions.
As an Assistant HR Business Partner supporting our management teams with HR advice, you work with our HR Business Partners and will be responsible for managing a caseload of employee relations activity, providing coaching support to line managers to support the development of line management capability. This role would suit a HR generalist who enjoys building relationships with stakeholders and is aspiring to develop their HR career.
In addition, there will be lots of opportunity for you to work with our wider HR team to support the delivery of our People plan, with project work in areas such as change management, engagement and workforce development.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact for the provision of commercially sound, solutions focussed, HR advice and support to line managers, on the full range of employee relations issues, including but not limited to sickness absence, conduct, grievance and capability cases;
- Provide coaching support to line managers managing a caseload of employee relations activity including but not limited to, sickness absence reviews, disciplinary and grievance investigations/hearings and performance capability meetings;
- Responsible for the provision of accurate and detailed monthly HR management information on all employee relations matters across Health in Justice;
- Support HR Business Partners in the development and revision of HR policies and procedures, ensuring best practice and legal compliance;
- Support, coach and guide line managers on the interpretation of Practice Plus Group’s HR policies and procedures, and support HR Business Partners in the delivery of associated HR training to line managers; Provide HR project support and assistance to HR Business Partners and Head of HR in relation to ad hoc projects and change management initiatives.
- Manage the ER tracker, including making sure the information held is up to date.
What you'll be doing
To succeed in this role, you will have worked at an HR Adviser level within a fast paced and complex organisation, preferably within the healthcare sector.
You will have demonstrable employee relations experience and experience of working with HR systems and databases, together with the ability to interpret data and complete HR reporting. Experience of working on ad hoc projects related to people and policy and change management would be desirable
- CIPD level 5 qualification is essential
- For the right applicant, we will offer both financial and time off to study support to complete CIPD level 7.
- This role is available on a part time basis, working 30 hours per week across 4 days or 5 day. This is a flexible role, with a base of home with frequent travel to our sites so the right applicant must be based around the Manchester or Leeds area.
- The salary for this role will be up to £38000 pro-rata - dependent on experience. We offer 25 days holidays + bank holidays, increasing to 28 days + bank holidays with service and a range of non- contractual benefits.
What we'll look for in you
As a healthcare provider, we recognise the fact that prisoners are a socially excluded group with complex healthcare needs that can often be associated with poor outcomes. We believe in putting the patient first, regardless of the environment or their history. We are the market leader in Health in Justice healthcare, providing care to over 30,000 patients in over 50 prisons across the country.
Our mission at Practice Plus Group is Access to Excellence.
Our core values are:
• we treat patients and each other as we would like to be treated
• we act with integrity
• we embrace diversity
• we strive to do things better together
Please note that this advert will close as soon as a sufficient number of suitable applications have been received.
Training & Development
- Tailored CPD training delivered via our bespoke Learning Management System.
- Extensive training courses accessible via Practice Plus Group Skills Academy.
- Great development and career progression opportunities.